Certain businesses are required under the Data Protection Act to have a data controller. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 our data controller is Rachel Tipping and can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Information We Collect
In operating our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- 1.1 Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblog statistics and other communication data.
- 1.2 Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website, such as when you register to recieve information, a newsletter etc.
- 1.3 Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason.
On occasion, we may gather information about your computer for our services.
Such information will not identify you personally it is statistical data about our visitors and their use of our site. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever. It is used by us to analyse how visitors to www.cwslis.co.uk interact with the Website so that we can continue to develop this website and make it a better experience for our visitors.
We may gather information about your general use of www.cwslis.co.uk by using a cookie file that is downloaded to your computer. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer automatically. This cookie file is stored on the hard drive of your computer as cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our website and the service that we provide to you.
All computers have the ability to decline cookies. This can be done by activating the setting on your browser which enables you to decline the cookies. Please note that should you choose to decline cookies, you may be unable to access particular parts of our website.
3. Use of Your Information
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- 3.1 To provide you with information requested from us, relating to our products or services. To provide information on other products which we feel may be of interest to you, where you have consented to receive such information
- 3.2 To meet our contractual commitments to you.
- 3.3 To notify you about any changes to our website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service.
- 3.4 If you are an existing client, we may contact you with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
4. Storing Your Personal Data
- 4.2 Data that is provided to us is stored on our secure servers.
- 4.3 The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk.
5. Disclosing Your Information
- 5.1 Where we are legally required to disclose your information.
- 5.2 To assist fraud protection and minimise credit risk.
6. Third Party Links
You might find links to third party websites on our website. These websites should have their own privacy policies which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
7. Access To Information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access the information that we hold about you. Please note that any demand for access may be subject to payment of a fee of £10 which covers our costs in providing you with the information requested. Should you wish to receive details that we hold about you please contact us using the contact details below.
8. Contacting Us